Friday, April 5, 2013

Summer Heat

We always hear people complaining about the heat these days. I for one complain about it because when you go out at noon you will really feel the heat on your skin. I'm lucky because my room at work has a good air-conditioning unit. I pity those who work outside or in offices without proper ventilation. 

I saw in a website (http://www.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/) that our temperature for today will be from 25 - 35 degrees Celsius. Wow! 35 is really high. I hope those working outside like vendors, street sweepers, traffic enforcers, etc brought with them protection - umbrella and hat. And I  do hope they brought plenty of water to drink lest they die of dehydration. 

It's summer. Normally we all dream of going to the beach to relax and cool off. But 35 degrees Celsius is really scary because that would mean "sunburn". I do not think a tube of sunblock with the best SPF would be enough for a couple of hours of exposure to the sun. 

Hmmm....beach? I'll just wait for 'better' days (hopefully before classes start).

No comments:

Post a Comment